Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

In-Between-Ers

There are a few of us that are in a real weird season of in-betweens right now. Where you're kind of like, "hey, I have a lot going on!" while saying "hey, I feel like there is NOTHING going on in my life these days..." It's a weird place, let me tell you. 

But there is hope for us in-between-ers. We have come out of a season where so much learning has been done, and it is easy to jump right to regrets. Like, I regret not knowing what I know now back then. Or, I wish I had been shown just how to love people four years ago instead of just in the last few months. 

But in reality, us in-between-ers are being prepared. We have been shown, we have learned the hard way, and we have been made aware of things that our age and our pride try to keep us from seeing. But by the grace of God, we have been shown

Do you know someone who is in an in-between season of life right now? 

Remind them that our God is one of purpose and direction, and that even when we may feel like we are dilly-dallying the days away, He is at work. 

Do you know my old roommate, Kayla? She's great. She got married this summer, so she is looking at this in-between season from a little bit of a different perspective than I am, but it is a GOOD one. Check out her blog, it's a keeper. A cute keeper. 

She has been wrestling through 1st Peter 2:9 recently, and we got to have some real good discussion over that passage and some good wine last night. 

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9

Excellencies. The excellencies of God. I don't know that I can even digest all that that word entails. 

We've been called out of darkness into a marvelous light. 

If we are to dwell in the light, may we always keep a constant awareness of the darkness and He who called us out of it, and proclaim constantly the glories of His name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment