Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Mix of Emotions

I am lost somewhere between extreme sadness and overwhelming joy. This morning I received word that some Christian Nepali nationals have been meeting with a young girl I met when doing undercover outreach in a Kathmandu dance bar one night. I have never been SO HAPPY that God is working, and that He is ministering to a 16-year-old that needs to be taken out of the sex industry. But I have never been SO JEALOUS that I am not there being a part of that Gospel-sharing and discipling process.

Meeting Suvela and going from acquaintances to "didi"s (sisters) in a few hours that night, was an experience where I could so tangibly feel the Lord's presence in that sin-filled dance bar. After spending the evening with her, sipping on Coca-Cola and averting my eyes each time she'd have to get up and dance on the stage, I was flattened and sickened at how a girl like her is viewed. Seen as nothing more than a method of entertainment to men I wanted to punch.

The next day I handed over her contact information to Agape's staff, knowing that they would then begin to call her every week, taking her out to lunch and taking her shopping. They would begin the slow process of sharing the gospel with her, that I only played the smallest role in that night as I told her of Jesus and prayed with her.

I guess I need to remind myself that He is the only one that can save her, rescuing her from the sex industry and the exploitation of young women in Nepal.

He is at work.

I am just sad to not be there witnessing it firsthand.

E-mails will have to suffice for now.

I wanted to share with you a recap of the facets of Agape Ministries in Nepal, and some links to their various blogs that they update occasionally. This is copied from the last bit of the e-mail I received this morning.

I encourage you to read through and pray for these ministries, each of which my team and I got to partner with while we were there. Their effectiveness is so real.



CHILDREN AT RISK
We continue to minister to more than 75 kids on the streets and the slums daily.We just rented a small room as our Children at risk office.We continue to feed them,give them primary education,train them in music,play football with them and tell them bible stories on a daily basis.More than 30 of them are now going to Children's church every week that my wife and sons lead.We have rescued 18 street kids and placed them in Christian orphanages already.

WOMEN AT RISK
Our training centre continues to train more than 50 ladies daily.one girl aged 14 years who was sexually abused in an orphanage was rescued by our team and she is now going to school,having accepted Christ.
Another Girl who was married with a child was thrown out of her home after she accepted Christ.She is now taking English language and computer training amongst us.

LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Many leaders who have come to our prayer centre are now beginning to do leadership work with children and women at risk.One Pastor whom I mentored for many years has now an orphanage and a widows home.We also are giving 6 months leadership Internships to more than 10 young people who will later go as missionaries to many countries surrounding Nepal to work amongst children and women at risk.

Pray with us as we and other Leaders take the GOSPEL
to CHILDREN at RISK and WOMEN at RISK in Nepal and beyond.





No comments:

Post a Comment