Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello, Birthday!

It's my 22nd birthday. Woo!

I haven't had many birthdays in my twenties yet, but lets look back at the last couple.

Hello, 20!

I turned 20 when I had just transferred to APU, and did not know many people yet.

But my wonderful friends from home showered me with gifts and cards via mail, including a wonderful little card containing a giftcard to head to the Pasadena Apple store to pick up my...

iPhone 4! I was officially in the club.

I was treated to my favorite Japanese barbecue restaurant in Pasadena and a night up at the beautiful Griffith Observatory.













And then headed to Yacht Club, a poolside event on campus.

My twenties had begun.

Hello, 21! 

For the big 2-1, I was a few weeks into my second year at APU, and had spent the month before school began in Resident Advisor training. It had been such a whirlwind of fun for almost two months, but I was ready to see some friends from home!

We met at a hotel in Santa Clarita, and these ladies showered me with love.















I was on a contract as a student leader on campus to not drink alcohol as an RA, but we still had fun with colorful non-alcoholic drinks and tiaras.



Laura and I went to Disneyland for the day the next day. I hadn't been there in years, and I freaking loved it. I had wanted to go my whole first year at school, but never got to. 

It was a blast.




We were only new roommates at the time, but Kayla had already picked up on my love for the Biebs, and got us matching Bieber toothbrushes that sing.

We loved it. The hall loved it.

Nothing like making a mundane task into an entertaining one!



Anneke!



















Getting hijacked for a surprise BJ's birthday dessert by my Engstrom RA staff was a great ending to a few days of birthday celebrations.

Hello, 22! 

So, for 22, I had a couple great birthdays to top.

Today is the actual day, but my birthday weekend began Thursday evening when Kayla arrived! My parents went to San Diego for the weekend, and are still there, so Kayla and I had the house to ourselves for a few days.

Friday morning, we headed to the city. We weren't at the Golden Gate early enough to see the rocket-strapped-to-a-plane fly over, The Endeavor, but the bridge was a beaut.

Those of you who know and love me, know that I love to document the adventures of my shoes.


A short drive through the hills to Sausalito was in order, where we enjoyed clam chowder and time along the water perusing the shops. 

That night, we headed to Kevin and Ashley's for a game of Catan with those two, Kim, and Brian.

While we were playing, I received word from UPS that a special package had been delivered, that we found upon arriving home.

My iPhone 5!

That next morning, Saturday, Kim, Kayla and I headed over to Half Moon Bay. As a tradition of Kim and mine, it was fun to take Kayla on our rounds to Half Moon Bay Coffee Company, and our walk through Main Street of HMB. The interesting characters, rabbits, baby chicks, free kittens, and handmade crafts abounded. I don't have pictures, but I may post some soon when I get my hands on them.

That afternoon I went through the steps of activating and transferring to my new phone, and Kayla and I did a little shopping.

Sidenote: Apple, get some iPhone 5 cases, will ya?

Saturday evening was my birthday dinner! B Street & Vine, followed by Grape & Grain.

I love restaurants and bars with &'s in their names.

The heat lamps at B Street & Vine made for a rough red glow for everyone. 

But the bruschetta made up for it. 

The desserts, all five of them, were hella good. 

Grape & Grain. Yum.

Some beauties. 

The next morning. The perspective of a vocalist who requires much coffee and much ice water on a Sunday morn. 

And leopard shoes, a birthday gift from myself. 

It was very appropriate that we sing Jesus Paid It All, because He "can change the leopard's spots, and melt the heart of stone." 

I am so thankful for the people I love, that drive far distances and sacrifice their time with their spouses and children to celebrate me. 

They are such gifts of God's grace in my life. 

Hello, 22!

You are my favorite number, and I am thinking you may be one of my most interesting years. 


Linking up with Lisa for Hello, Monday. 

1 comment:

  1. panorama is my new favorite of life.

    you have had quite a few celebrations for the last 3 years.

    i like that i get a full month of celebrating and then get to pass the birthday torch to you.


    that last pic of you is my most favorite pic of you ever.

    so glad we're friends.

    #livingforever

    ReplyDelete