Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Work!

I'm tired. 

A kind of tired I haven't known in quite a while. 

My days are full. Full of nine hour work days, and any extra time on either end is full of family and friends. 

And I'm sore. 

Boy, am I sore

My new occupation is more of a workout than I could have ever imagined. Walking, running, climbing, carrying, reaching, pulling, pushing... 

My muscles are growing, but it's a painful process. 

And my bruised knees and shins are great conversation starters. 

Long story short, work is good. Tiring, but so good. 

Good for my brain, good for my soul, and good for my body. 

The last two days and the next four are crazy. 

Thanksgiving and Black Friday were a frenzy of football, food, family, and freaking insane shoppers. 

The next four are full of four all-day shifts, and packing for Sandy relief. 

Four days from right now, we will be at the airport awaiting our red-eye to Philly. 

As in, 96 hours from now. 

And I have no idea where I am going to find clothes warm enough to survive over there. 

Full days, but fulfilling days. 

Crazy days, but good days. 

"For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:15-18

No comments:

Post a Comment