Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Noses and Rings and Noses

I never thought a small piece of metal could lead to such disagreement.

The location of that piece of metal might be a key factor in what is making it controversial.

It's in my nose.

Sometimes it's just a tiny little shiny stud, and sometimes it's a hoop shape.

To me? Big deal.

Both are just an accessory.

And I've had it for over a year now.

But to a few people recently?

It's the END. Of the freaking WORLD.

Drama-rama all across this city.

This house, especially.

But you know what I think? Even though sometimes I can't remember why I even got my nose pierced to begin with?

If my bosses are down with it, I'm down with it.

And if Nepal's down with it, I'm all about it.

And I have attachment issues, so I don't think I could really let it go just yet.

Plus, it's the best when you're washing your face at night while on speaker phone and your purity ring gets caught on your nose hoop and you have to end the call with your elbow while the beads in your exfoliating facewash burn your eyes out of their sockets while your hand is STUCK to your FACE.

Yeah, it'll be gone by the time I'm 25.

2 comments: