Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Translocated

I snuck away.

To school.

For four months.

To a cute room, walk-in closet and bathroom.

On the bottom floor of a brand new home in a community at the base of the foothills.

To take my last two undergraduate classes.

And be a live-in nanny for a Christian family.

They prefer "au pair".

I laugh, because there is nothing blonde, au-pair-esque or Swedish about me.

The past seven days have been great.

Minus the shin splints I had in high school returning with a vengeance.

But I've become an expert in the art of KT taping over the last few days, so fear not.

That's where I am, folks.

Probably be going back and forth from here to home for the next 4 months, because you can't keep this girl away from her roots.

Or her friends.

2 comments:

  1. If you're in so cal for 4 months we better hang out :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, you're coming up for girls night this Friday right!?!
    :)

    ReplyDelete