Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Terrible Twos-Day

It's like the minute you say you're having a great time, you get thrown a really hard day that leaves you dead on the floor at 5:30 in the evening.

Today was the pits.

The last few days have been hit and miss, with some really great times with friends and family back home, and some real challenging predicaments that I only wish I could talk about.

I hate that feeling of sending out an SOS on a Tuesday night, when I have so much to be thankful for and be joyous about.

But that's our condition, right? Never satisfied with what we have. Never able to completely trust what God is doing without knowledge of the future. Pretty damn positive that we know what is best.

Then boom.

Shot down on a Tuesday.

Left feeling alone, swamped by the prospect of the future, with a normally bubbly two-year-old that just can't stop crying.

I hate to say this, but I think that just may be how this semester will be.

Periods of great fun, laughs, and soaking in this last semester with treasured friends.

And periods of what the hell is going on?

Now, if you'll excuse me, we're off to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment