Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Eve

I have to laugh a little when I look back at where God has carried me to since Christmas Eve of 2011. He has changed a lot in this life in 365 days, purging me of things that kept me from Him.

Like a multitude of sins.

And social media.

And boyfriends.

God dealt me my hardest year so far, but only that I might me made even an ounce more like his son.

He gave me the most refining year to date.

He has prepared me more to be a wife and a mother than I could have ever hoped.

Events that I prayed and prayed and prayed would be over soon, I now look back on and see how they strengthened me more than any fairy tale ending could have.

In the moment, I hated every minute of some days. Every single minute. Because I knew I was in the process of losing control of my own plans and wishes.

I dated men that I won't marry, and it's alright!

I know some of you will pity me for that, but I don't look back and regret those decisions. I have enjoyed being pursued by and getting to know young men that love Jesus, because there is a real-ness and an honesty there that is refreshing.

I have a job that I actually really enjoy. Even when the hours are long, I get to interact with people that make up the reality of the Bay Area. It has been a blessing to expand my perspective to more than a "bubble of believers".

Plus. A discount at Target? A blessing in itself.

Nepal? Lets face it, I could go on for days about that place and the people it holds. Absolutely everything is different now.

This Christmas Eve, I am in a place a hundred miles from where I was last Christmas Eve.

All has changed.

But, once again, it's time to play the traditional Christmas Eve Monopoly with my parents and brothers.

Some things haven't changed at all.

I cannot wait to tell you about 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment