Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Find Joy

"When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh." (Matthew 2:10–11)

One of my devotionals walked through Matthew 2:10-11 today.

Do I, and we, bring everything we have to the feet of Christ? Saying, "I want to find joy in nothing but Jesus"?

The magi knew not what Jesus would do in his life, let alone of his work on the cross, yet they still brought him gifts of great value. Not because Christ needed them, but rather that they might say "Take these, for you are more precious to me than any worldly thing."

That is something I battle daily, as I think a lot of us do. Is Jesus more precious to me than any thing, person, concept, dream, goal, or success?

He is ALL we need.

Let us lay everything, that pails in comparison to the joy of knowing him, at his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment