Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pintertest Kitchen

I have known Jessica since I was in junior high, which was almost twelve years ago.

Sorry if I just really dated any of you...

But after twelve years, I have finally decided that I should really give this Pintertest Kitchen of hers a try.

Just kidding. Twelve years would be a long time.

But, after spending my lunch hour with Kim, she told me I should go Pinter-test something for once.

Challenge. Accepted. 

After one year, I decided I'd finally join.

Might have something to do with the fact that I have nothing to do these days, finally out of school for a while and lacking a job.

I decided to test two things!

The first is edible, the second is wearable. My two favorite kinds of items.

Let the testing begin.

7Up Biscuits

The recipe calls for Bisquick, 7UP, butter, and sour cream.

But guess what?

My Irish family doesn't keep 7UP on hand, or sour cream.

So... Beer and cream cheese it was.

And Jersey Shore. Durr.




I mean, they were good.

No part of me is about to be like "OH SKITTLES, go make these. Stat."

It is true that I made six, and have eaten five. But I also skipped lunch.

I think the sour cream might make this recipe what it is, so for me to leave it out might have been a critical error.

They also barely rose at all, and I was assuming the carbonation would make these things fluffier than all get out. But, au contraire.

My next little Test of the Pinter, was for homemade headbands.
























The tutorial was really simple, and I made two while just sitting watching television one afternoon. 

Kept one for myself, and gave one to Kim

Also successfully left mine in Cindy's car for weeks and weeks on end. 

Sorry Cinders :)

I wear mine like so.



PinterTest, it's been REAL.

See ya soon.

Linking up with Jessica!

5 comments:

  1. oh skittles this post is FUN!
    hahahah
    i love my headband.
    like a lot.
    more than any other headband i own (and yes, i own a few)


    this recipe is truly bitchin in the kitchen.
    on my to do list. especially now that my oven is back in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may have worn that headband in riverside for an hour, just to feel cool.

    did NOT realize you made it.

    hope you watched the finale season premire of the shore tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love what you tried....might need to make myself one of those headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you, fancy! And I'm glad my El Camino stalking did the trick and you got the hint. I mean... COME ON. I appreciate your adventure in the kitchen - subbing left and right. You are brave. And I would eat them. With skittles. And that headband is ca---ute. Make me one. Or I will stalk you again. Thanks for linking up, friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the headband. Would be a super easy gift for shoebox gifts. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete